Favourite Planet

Pascal

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My favourite is the ice world of Hoth - does that count?

I believe we would find signs of life there...

yeah, but harrison ford says there's not enough to fill a space cruiser.

for me, it's saturn. you can't beat then rings.

Le sigh, I know that Pluto was demoted to a dwarf planet (though someone told me it was reclassified again?) but it'll always be a planet to me :') It's always been my favourite ever since I was little.

I admire the sentiment but I doubt you'll spend hours viewing it in a scope! :)

For me I'm torn between Saturn and Jupiter like most - maybe we should all start hunting for Threapleton Holmes B!

First time I've really spotted Jupiters moons clearly last night and was in awe of the planet itself. Kinda got a soft spot for Mars though. When I aquire some better quality EP's I think i'll spend a fair bit of time on Mars. (not literally obviously!)

It has to be Mars for me. It's the only planet of which we can see the surface, it has a special attraction due to the life/no life debate and then there's the colour....... even as a Manchester City fan it's lovely.

The details have to be observed for a while before you see them as the disc is so small although really this applies to Saturn and Jupiter I suppose but with Mars it's more rewarding to me.

Also, we only get to see it every two years so I always make the most of it.

Don't get me wrong, Jupiter and Saturn are also superb but it's Mars for me.

I admire the sentiment but I doubt you'll spend hours viewing it in a scope! :)

For me I'm torn between Saturn and Jupiter like most - maybe we should all start hunting for Threapleton Holmes B!

I doubt I'd view anything for hours through a scope O_o

It seems most people have said either Jupiter or Saturn :')

I also love Venus, mainly due to the fact it has continents and along with volcanoes, they're mostly named after women. I just think that's really cool.

As for moons, I have to say Titan really is awesome. I also like... Phobos, is it? Yeah, it looks cool.

Archived