NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bob's Knobs on Skywatcher 250PX

George

Got me new knobs today :)http://www.bobsknobs.com/

Cost me $20 delivered, delivery was pretty quick (6 days) excellent communication with bob and he emails when dispatched. Knobs are easy to fit and collimation is now extremely easy ,quick & safer (no dropping allen keys down the tube).

I can thoroughly recommend buying direct rather than paying the inflated prices from a third party.

bnobs%20001.jpg

bnobs%20002.jpg

bnobs%20003.jpg

bnobs%20004.jpg

bnobs%20005.jpg

(never collimated a SCT before!)

Helen

Quite easy to do Helen, so no need to be concerned at doing it.

Just bear in mind that Cheshire Eyepieces, Laser Collimators and the like, are not suitable for aligning SCTs.

The Mk 1 'eyeball' and a star are all you need.

I bought a set of 'Bob's Knobs' direct from Bob, some months ago, but have yet to fit mine, as the scope is in good collimation at the moment.

Dave

Just ordered these now direct from Bob for my Orion XT10i. The thought of using an allen key did not fill me with joy :) The only thing I'm worried about is holding the secondary and getting my grubby pawprints on the shiny mirror. They say to hold it at the sides but overflowing fingers are bound to get prints on the secondary. Can you not hold it by the bit that the mirror is directly attached to?

Phil

I can thoroughly recommend buying direct rather than paying the inflated prices from a third party.

I'm curious,

Are these exempt from UK Tax and Duty? Or is it that customs can't be bothered on low-price items?

By my reckoning, these should be costing £10.16 + £1.78 Tax + £0.46 Duty = £12.40

Also, who are the third-party dealers charging inflated prices? There are no UK stockists listed on the Bob's Knobs site?

I got a set for my scope last year from the US and it appeared that Customs couldn't be bothered with it. A video card I ordered that went with the same company (USPS) and went through customs at the same time was spotted however. :)

I couldn't find anyone who supplied Bob's Knobs when I looked, or an equivalent product in the UK but would be interested if anyone knows someone.

James

I have been speaking with Bob about FLO being a UK dealer. But, if customers can order them direct without paying VAT/Duty then there seems little point FLO stocking them as FLO most definitely does pay VAT/Duty. This would mean the same product would retail for £12.90

Pity, as its a great product.

Its easy for me to say this as I already have them but were I buying them now I'd happily pay a few pounds more to get them locally with faster delivery. Mine took 10 days when I bought them last September...

I certainly won't get rich off them but Bob's Knobs are a quality accessory and FLO will be the only UK dealer 8)

I will order the most popular lines (including yours Steve :)) tomorrow.

SGL discount will apply.

I certainly won't get rich off them but Bob's Knobs are a quality accessory and FLO will be the only UK dealer

Just don't put a banner up on your site saying "I handle Bob's knobs" :)

Bob has two? :shock:

Fitted mine successfully. MUCH easier doing it on a SCT with Fastar kit where you can take out the secondary and so not have to worry about the secondary falling out! (and in a different league to the 'fun' we had with the Lightbridge!).

I even managed to get to perfect collimation indoors - couldn't believe it when I did the star test. The difference in viewing was remarkable - split the double-double for the first time :)

Well worth it SteveL!

Helen

Archived