Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WOW ! :-o (BST 12mm Explorer)

JimFR

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've also just ordered a 15mm BST from Alan at STL. He had no more 12mms in stock but has more coming in. It's my first eypiece upgrade from the standard 10mm & 25mm ones that came with my scope.

I've thought my 25mm was actually ok, but i have wondered about the quality of the 10mm one, although I have had nothing to compare against.

Can't wait to see if/what the difference will be like!

Its the really good thing about maks with huge focal length`s a large comfortable ep gives magnification similar to using a tiny little 6-8mm peep hole plus you have the barlow option to hit around x300.....if i barlowed a 6.3 plossl in the mak i would have near x900 :)

lol it would never show any thing at thatx900 lol

Well after a slight bit of senile dementure from Alan, my 18mm BST arrived, it looks a very nice eyepiece, in time when we get some decent conditions i will be doing a head to head with the BST and the BGO 18mm

i have the bst's and i think they are the best value for money the 25mm really darkens the background making it unreal on clusters! the 8mm i use mainly for 3 star alignment and the 12mm is just fantastic i recommend these to every one i can.

just out of curiosity, i notice only one stockist ? not that thats a problem as such,as i hear great things about s.t.l , still strange such a good range of e/p's is only available from them .

any particular reason for this being the case ?

Archived