NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Where to sell?

I was hoping to sell some of my kit as i was made redundant first week in Dec 11 and wanted to pass all my good stuff on to fellow members.

I don't want to use ebay if i can avoid it and was wondering when the sell it section is likely to return?

I could list it all in a post in the beginners section and people could contact me that way, but i am not sure if this would be against SGL policy?

Sorry if this post is in the wrong section, but i thought the Beginners help & advice section was the most appropriate.

Hi GazofCorra,

Sorry to hear about your redundancy. Is a shame you have to sell your kit but if you do, then at least it should go to a good home.

You could sell your gear here:-

U.K. Astronomy Buy & Sell

I bought my ED80 Pro from here & would definitely recommend it as a good place to buy & sell second hand equipment.

Hope you get a job asap & can keep your gear though,

Jeff

@ Steppenwolf. I thought it might be, that is why i asked before hand.

I might give preloved a go as i do love my gear :(

@Astronut1982. Thanks mate, i had to sell my motorbike too, but better to keep the roof over our heads than indulge in my hobbies and i have quite a few hobbies.

I will take a look at that site, thanks.

@Kai. Many thanks.

Don't worry as Arnie says, I'll be back........

Neil - I have no advice to give the OP as I am have never bought or sold second hand astro gear.

As for my double standards feel free to take this up with the board admin. who originally granted me permission to include this in my signature.

.. and finally, Neil where is your good advice for the OP?

If you have a personal gripe about me, my posting style or my standards, please contact me by PM to discuss.

Steppenwolf

My comment was that in my opinion you did not give Gaz any advice but just confirmed what he already knew. I thought the others that followed did try to help. This is Beginners Help and Advice and as a Moderator you could have passed on the same type of comments which followed as I am sure you have seen others quote the same sites in previous threads. I had no other advice to add to what was already there. It seems I hit a raw nerve by your bullish comments about taking it up with the board. Is that not a bit over the top ?

Prador I have the book and agree it is very good.

Neil

Steppenwolf

My comment was that in my opinion you did not give Gaz any advice but just confirmed what he already knew. I thought the others that followed did try to help. This is Beginners Help and Advice and as a Moderator you could have passed on the same type of comments which followed as I am sure you have seen others quote the same sites in previous threads. I had no other advice to add to what was already there. It seems I hit a raw nerve by your bullish comments about taking it up with the board. Is that not a bit over the top ?

Prador I have the book and agree it is very good.

Neil

Neil,

Steppenwolf was simply confirming the SGL rules on buying & selling to avoid the OP accidentally contravening them.

As moderators on a busy forum we do not always have the time to fully engage with threads but sometimes just have to give a quick steer to threads, as Steve has.

If Steve has no personal experience of using a particular buy & sell facility I can quite understand why he would not contribute a suggestion.

So not over the top, just efficient moderating :(

Thanks.

Archived