Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

FLO Order

have you tried their helpdesk. I ordered the 8" Skywatcher Dob the other day, and wanted to ask them about delivery options (such as saturday deiveries or possibility of leaving it with a neighbour should i be out etc), and I got a reply from Martin within about 30 minutes, then back and forth regularly.

I'm getting it delivered next week, and so far their customer service has been brilliant :)

Try the helpdesk on their website is my suggestion...

Hi

does anyone know how long thete delivery takes? checked status of order and it says 'on back order'

Usually they are pretty good. Suspect they might still be busy catching up after the holidays.

Think about how many emails you have when you go back to work!

(I placed an order on 28th Dec which is "in progress")

i ordered a TAL x2 barlow from FLO a few days again, does anyone know how long thete delivery takes? checked status of order and it says 'on back order'

sent them email yday but no reply

Hi,

I am not aware of any unanswered emails relating to Tal barlows. What is your order number please? :)

Steve

Thank-you James :)

That order was placed yesterday morning, we flagged it same-day "pending, no stock". I found your email, we recieved it yesterday afternoon, unfortunately you replied to our automated update email so we didn't see it (we need to make the "do not reply..." message more prominent. Sorry).

I'll chase Tal's UK importer in the morning then respond to your email.

Hope that helps,

Steve

James,

I have just seen the equipment list in your signature. We don't stock the Meade DS2090 but unless I am mistaken it is a 90mm Maksutov. The 2x barlow used with your 6mm eyepiece would produce 300x magnification. That is too much for a 90mm aperture and too much for the seeing conditions on most nights. You could use the barlow with your 12mm eyepiece but that would give the equivalent of a 6mm eyepiece, which you already own (though that combination would probably be more comfortable than using the 6mm eyepiece). You could use it with your 25mm eyepiece but that would give the equivalent of your 12mm eyepiece.

I am not sure what other eyepieces you own but I'll phone in the morning to discuss.

Hope that helps,

Steve :)

If I could just be of a little help Steve, the Mead DS 2090 is an GOTO Achro refractor of some 800 fl, I just happen to have one, the poor thing is lying unused in my loft, bought as a surprise gift from the family, it arrived at the same time as my ED scope which I ordered without telling anyone. Motto keep things secret and you will end up with two scopes :)

John.

You are thinking of the DS2080, the DS2090 is an f10 Maksutov. At least I think it is :(

Meade DS 2090

We don't sell the Meade DS range so I might be wrong.

The Meade DS2090 GOTO is a bit dated now, but the brand new one I have in my loft is a refractor, I believe some other forum members

have them as well, I am not surprised about the confusion as it shows both scopes on the front of the instruction manual described as the DS-2000 series Reflecting and Refracting scopes with #497 Autostar :o

i have the ds2090 it may be dated but its a great 90mm scope the ds2000 mount is ok i brought some lead strips that i wrapped around the legs it does catch the wind when out and about,but when its in the shed its works fine,when attached to the lap top and stellarium its great, ok so its a plastic tube and a few years old but non the less great little scope but it does not take high mag

The Meade DS2090 GOTO is a bit dated now, but the brand new one I have in my loft is a refractor, I believe some other forum members have them as well, I am not surprised about the confusion as it shows both scopes on the front of the instruction manual described as the DS-2000 series Reflecting and Refracting scopes with #497 Autostar :p

Ah, thank-you :(

ok maybe i should'nt have ordered the barlow, new to this so not sure what to get HELP

We are having trouble reaching you by phone James. Tal 2x barlows have arrived so yours is packed ready for dispatch. Ideally we would like to discuss which telescope and eyepieces you own so we can be sure the barlow is a good choice for you. Please either email our helpdesk (email link below) or contact me via PM here on SGL. If we don't here from you we will dispatch the barlow by First Class mail tomorrow morning (you can still return it for a refund if you wish).

Hope that helps,

Steve :o

FLO is easily the best astronomy sales team if have ever used,i mailed them today to find out about my st80 and was answered within the hour and told they should have it by the end of the week.Its the first place i go to for all the stuff i want.TOP MARKS FROM ME

Archived