Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello to you all

craigsta

I want to say HI to everyone!

I’ve been looking to get into the astronomy for a good few years now but not been in a position to do so, until now...

I’ve done much gazing, wondering and sitting alone outside looking up at night. But as said not been in a position to learn more and really appreciate astronomy.

I finally took the plunge and purchased my very first telescope (yay!) I decided to go with a Sky-Watcher Explorer 150P with a EQ3 mount. I’m a complete novice, have lots of reading to do and not really sure where i begin with regards to the telescope itself!

I’m slowly working my way through Collins Night Sky & Starfinder Book. (such a huge amount to take in!)

I cannot wait until i get it set up and can start viewing the sky for myself! Although some of the photography on this forum is jaw dropping..

One question i have, and im sure if you all dont get bored with me, many more.. are there any local meetings around the Birmingham/Solihull west midlands area? Once again hi all

Hi and welcome to SGL ,congrats on a new great scope,knowledge is power so reading is a must .i love to red about thing in the sky and look at them what a thrill,you have many great nights of exploring the night away tonight i will out there the east of the uk as clear skies

Thanks for all your comments, Im sure im going to be neededing some help :p

I'm going to have a go at setting it up tonight, and hopefully find a clear patch of sky so i can start to get to grips with it.

Archived