NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M42 - my first image posted on SGL

sabin_fota

Is my first attemp with new equipament: Canon 500Da, TS 8x50 finderscope for guiding and Stronghold, tangential mont from BP and the last attemp for CG5, I intend to sell it and buy CGEM.

Date: 23-24.dec.2011,

Temp: -5

Telescop: Megrez 90mm APO, f/6,2 la F=558mm

Camera: Canon 500Da, P-FLT4 reducător la F=448 mm controled by DSLR Shutter

Filter: Astronomik UHC

Guiding: TS 8x50 cu Alccd5 controled by PHD guiding

Mount: CG5 Advanced GT

Exposures: 17x210 secunde - 59,5 min + 10x30 - 5 min

ISO: 800

Software: PHD guiding, DSLR shutter, DSS, PS5

post-31642-133877709543_thumb.jpg

thank you for apreciations,

winter is the perfect time for astrophotography, specially when you're an DSLR user, I think that because the temp of camera chip did not fall below 9 degrees it was an really help and the 500D moded it was an really help too.

happy holidays!

thank you for apreciations,

winter is the perfect time for astrophotography, specially when you're an DSLR user, I think that because the temp of camera chip did not fall below 9 degrees it was an really help and the 500D moded it was an really help too.

happy holidays!

actually temp did not rise above 9 degrees :D not fall, my bad :)

I really need to take a chainsaw out to my neighbours tree, I cannot see M42 lol However, when you can see it in this level of detail it just blows you away. Incredible photograph and thank you for sharing :D

Have a fabulous 2012 and welcome to the forums :)

Steve

I looked at this thread as I've just hooked up an old digital point and shoot to an afocal 'clamp' and am hoping to get in a few shots when the cloud clears. "Aha!" I thought, first image posted? Another beginner, I'll take inspiration from someone in a similar position and...

...wow! Far, far beyond the beginner level but still, what an inspiration! That's an amazing image: it's like a photo of an old friend which shows another side of 'someone' I thought I knew well. Brilliant.

Archived