My First Photo

This the first picture of the moon that I am happy with, please bare in mind that I have 0 astronomy experience, 0 knowledge of how to use a DSLR and 0 knowledge of how to use any photo imaging software.

I have tried adjusting some slight things in photoshop, and am very happy with the outcome.

Not bad for a no one!

moon3.jpg

It was intentionally taken off centre and low to try and capture the crater.

The trouble with my scope is you cannot get the whole moon in one frame, I cannot zoom out enough with the dslr attached.

I have about another 20 that are awaiting post processing, hopefully they will be as nice.

Good shot .. i was wondering what the bright spot is on the left of the shot it seems out of context with everything else on the moon like it a fresh impact or something ?

I only noticed that when you pointed it out, I will check my other pictures to see if it appears in them, or is just an anomaly in this photo.

It is there on all the pictures as well, no matter what position the moon is in the picture the "bright spot" is in the same place on the moon.

I will clean up another photo and post it in here, hopefully someone will know what it is!

Brilliant first image the moon is a great subject to get started on but just wait till you get your first shot of the Orion Nebula you will jump for joy check out my blogs astrophotography section for more info and join the dark side :)

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

Archived