Hi

shalini.rms

I am interested in astronomy and want to learn more about it. I recently stumbled upon this site in my search for purchasing a planishpere. I want to buy a planisphere(star wheel) but not sure which one to buy and what to look for in it for it to be useful in a long term. I have seen them on net of various brands and for 30, 40 and 60deg North latitudes. My latitude is 13deg N. I am looking for advices or suggestions in this regard. Thanks

Hello Shalini and welcome to the SGL.

I agree with Telrad - the bigger the better since these have room for some of the smaller constellations as well as some of the brighter Messier objects.

Hello and welcome. At 13N you are on the same latitude as Thailand so looking in that area for a planisphere might be the best solution. European or N American would be too far north and Australian too far south although better for you I suppose. Good Luck.

Archived