My Telescope Has Arrived!

My partner has ordered me the Skywatcher 150p for christmas which has just arrived this second and the best news is that my partner is not in... So tempted to go put the boxes in my car and act like its never come haha. Can't wait to try it out on the first clear night after christmas.

Say you found it in a skip and due to your immense good fortune you've sent the other one back.

Then say you might as well use it straight away because it'll need a little TLC (collimating,using it etc)

Then say you'll buy her something with the money you've saved!

Easy!!:)

I find that staring at a new scope and rubbing that dust spec off the tube with your sleeve gives as much satisfaction as using it.... then it gets old and then only using it brings you that joy..... so get another new one! Simples. When's your birthday and how much does your partner love you!? :-)

Enjoy. You will.

• 3 weeks later...
I have it all set up in my dining room ready for a clear night. should this need collimating straight out the box?

It depends, some do, some don't. I've just set up my new 'scope (Skywatcher 10" Dob) and checked the collimation and it was pretty much spot on. You'll be able to tell when observing whether it needs collimating or not.

Check this guide for details: Astro Babys Guide to Collimation

Archived