Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

One for when I win the lottery .....

John

I think this is the latest prototype from Meade :shock:

image.jpg

It's a 20 inch RCT (I think) and is expected to retail for around $50,000.

That's some mount it's sitting on as well !.

John

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to say this but those stars are trailed! Just look closely. That's actually pretty sloppy for this sort of dosh esp for an image supposed to be showcasing the kit.

Well it looked good to a non-imager like me - easy to please I guess :)

John

Oh yeah, I believe it's a real RC, sure I do. And yes, I'd like to buy your tower of London... :insects1:

AM

I have a very nice bridge for sale here in London :lol::D

I think he's aleady got one. Well, maybe one of his neighbours. :)

Captain Chaos

Yup, we've already got the Bridge. In fact, my firm did some design work on a subdivision just at the west end of it. Now, I'm in the market for a tower, say, one with a really big bell or something...You know of any? :)

Woah look at that M1 pic!!

If I won the lotto, I would get me something like that, a nice dome and a laptop, and have a butler to bring me food lol.

After all thats all I would do all night, and sleep all day!

I could even pay my clouds to go away lol (I wish at times!!)

Kain

Sorry John, not trying to be a clever [removed word] and it is a stunning image for which awesome is totally appropriate. However... it is on the Meade site to demonstrate the immense capability of the kit. It's a bit like showing an Aston Martin with sticky fingers over the windscreen. The image does nothing to advertise the quality of the mount.

Here's what I mean using a remarkably similar set of stars to that found in the Meade image :)

Original

image.jpg

Tweaked to remove trails and violet halos

image.jpg

Sorry John, not trying to be a clever *beep*

I didn't think you were Martin - it's an important detail, just one that I missed. I remember quite a few years ago when VW were advertising the Golf GTI - they came up with a poster showing flames coming out of the rear wheels as the car accelerated away ..... the Golf being a front wheel drive car of course :oops:

It's quite fun spotting where the big corporate PR machines make slip ups like that, and fair game too !.

John

Meade's new optics - whatever they choose to call them - are receiving some very positive reviews.

That may be true, but they should call them what they are, not what they'd like them to be. It's simple, fraud is bad.

Sorry but I've missed out on something here, if they're not what they say they are, then what are they?

Tony..

Meade's new optics - whatever they choose to call them - are receiving some very positive reviews.

That may be true, but they should call them what they are, not what they'd like them to be. It's simple, fraud is bad.

Sorry but I've missed out on something here, if they're not what they say they are, then what are they?

Tony..

I think the issue here is that Meade have a range of scopes (of which the one at the start of this thread is the largest) which claim to be a particular design - a Ritchey-Chretien Cassegrain. This has caused some uproar because aparrently these scopes do not properly conform to this design (I'm afraid I don't know in what respect) but Meade are still using that label which is misleading.

John

Though it might seem pedantic, its a similar thing to saying that a Newt. has a parabolic mirror when it hasn't. Saves loads of money making the mirrors spherical, but they're just not parabolic. The RC design uses hyperbolic mirrors, which are very awkward (and costly) to make, whereas the Meade "advanced RC" design uses a sperical mirror and a corrector lens to make up for the fact. This makes it technically not an RC design and some people want them to call it whatever it actually is (SCT?).

Like this, a bit.

http://kagen-no-tsuki.cinebb.com/Le-bac-a-sable-Free-off-topic-zone-f6/Japanese-fooled-in-poodle-scam-p7271.htm

Captain Chaos

Archived