NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Greetings from the West Midlands

Lalonde

Hi there folks. My names Matt and I'm an alco.... oops wrong forum. (Apologies for that appaling joke) :)

Ok I'm 33 and from Stourbridge in the West Midlands (away from the worst light pollution from Birmingham, but stilly pretty bad from all accounts). I've been interested in space and the stars all my life but have for various reasons never gone further than (crappy) binoculars and blurred vision staggering back from the pub, head raised, saying wow every 5 seconds.

Last month I came across the Sky at Nights on the BBC website and have watched most of them now. Never do catch it when it's on normal TV. That's fueled my interest even further and I began reading wiki and a vast array of other sites learning about space.

I've also just started watching Carl Sagans Cosmos and the BBC's Space and Planets and have decided now is the time to have a go viewing things myself in a little more detail.

So over on the learners forum I've asked about my first scope so i look forward to getting stuck in over the next few months, with undoubtedly many stupid questions to come.

http://stargazerslounge.co.uk/index.php?topic=13348.0

Thanks

What a friendly site. Many thanks for the warm welcome.

Unfortunately MikeP I'm a Villa fan with a soft spot for the Baggies as it's my families team. :D I'm sure we won't fall out though when the Baggies are setting the Premiership alight next year :)

Unfortunately MikeP I'm a Villa fan with a soft spot for the Baggies as it's my families team. :D

Although i'm a Suffolk boy (born and bred) and a Ipswich "tractor boy" fan, my late Mum was from Smethwick and a Villa fan and my Uncle was an Albion Fan. I retain a soft spot for them both and look forward to seeing them in the Premiership next year.

Followed by Ipswich the year after??!!! :)

Cheers

Bill£

Archived