Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi All

Steve777

Just wanted to put up a note to introduce myself to others. I'm returning to the interest in astronomy after nearly 20 years (first became interested as like a 13 year old teen & once had a wobbly 60 mm refractor telescope & more usefully binoculars). I lost touch with astronomy through university and so on, but now I am picking up again because I remember it being relaxing and restorative.

I've already taken advice from the friendly forum members and look forward to using the Skyliner 150p I have coming, which I trust will be better than that small refractor. I've worked mostly as a literature academic, and look forward to returning to somthing that is removed from work - even though I've done stuff on literature and science, I'm hoping astronomy will stay separate from other aspects of my life and relaxing.

Steve

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to you all the this very warm welcome. Rob yes we have that in common! But astronomy, I suspect, obviously has been the science that has remained the most accessible, I do lots of work on when they all were!! I'd be lost in a mod lab! Damien, you are spot on with the 60mm refractor - I was actually surprised when I then got the bins - I suspect it is the mounts with these things.

Thanks again to all!

Steve

Archived