Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AAArrrrrggg! The clouds roll in again!

x6gas

Dear SGL,

So for the third time (of the four vaguely clear nights I've had since I got my new scope 5 weeks ago) I set up, polar align, focus, find my target (Jupiter) and five miuntes later I am completely clouded in!

Blinkin' new kit jinx!

Give me half a chance and I am sure I can get some good planetary images!

I had hoped to get some time in on M76 but no chance so the Atik OAG still hasn't seen first light.

Yours,

Frustrated of Oxfordshire.

I nearly got a scope out tonight too when I got home. Took and hour to get changed and have a bite to eat - then looked outside and the earlier crystal clear sky had been consumed by cloud with Jupiter just visible as it was getting swallowed up - sigh!

Came out from evening class, saw Jupiter in the sky and thought I might have a go viewing. Got home, had a coffee and the clouds beat me, yet again:mad: Will try over the weekend as we have something planned, sure the clouds will not be on our side?

Peter

Lol! I started levelling my scope under clear skies and when I looked up having done it a great bank of cloud was racing toward me. It was as if scope levelling acted as some kind of cloud summoning ritual!

To be honest, the seeing and transparency here weren't great anyway... but at least I could have given the scope a bit of a shakedown.

Just about to post the roughly processed images I did manage to capture on the Joop clinic over on the planetary imaging board...

I also had a go with the 'scope tonight and observed jupiter for round 15 minutes. I noticed it seem to dim slightly once or twice, I looked away from the eyepiece to look at Joop' in the sky and the clouds slapped him out of the sky.

Now its wall to wall. Oh well, at least I got some eyeball time in with jupiter.

Porl''

Same same in S Wales (Swansea ish) skies looked good at 18:00.

Level, Lat, polar, tweeked the finder, watched the skies go from transparent to opaque.

Did manage to get an hour on Jup, allthough the moon did look stunning close to the horizon.

Same same in S Wales (Swansea ish) skies looked good at 18:00.

Level, Lat, polar, tweeked the finder, watched the skies go from transparent to opaque.

Did manage to get an hour on Jup, allthough the moon did look stunning close to the horizon.

Interesting! I'm in Swansea itself and managed to get a decent hour in between 8.30 and 9.30. Must have been a big clear gap over me.

Jupiter was crystal clear.

Archived