Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Morgan Computers Philips Web Cam

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

still no webcam for me despite the promise of it being shipped earlier in the week. email requesting a refund now sent. am looking forwards to the next stage in the saga with great enthusiasm and expectation for how much more of my personal and limited free time can be wasted by these wastes of space.

Just by way of update in this thread, my cam bundle arrived today - along with the clouds!

I am not sure what to make of Morgan, there seems to be several different replies to all our request for delivery status e-mails. There is clearly a high demand for this camera bundle, but that is no excuse for the poor service. They must be aware of this high demand, so a simple note on the item on the website stating potential for 2-3 week delivery would have prevented my rant at least!

Anyway, hope everyone elses get's delivered soon.....

I think Morgan should arrange clear skies for all clouds as compensation :icon_confused:

Adam.

Frankly everyone involved with these cameras has been a victim of their success.

I know that Morgans have adapters to cover all stock, well at least they will tomorrow am :icon_confused: Also they have never had a "duff batch"

From what I currently know these cameras are likely to dry up completely before the end of year.

Then no-doubt they will be back to the pre Morgan deal ie being touted 2nd hand for the 60-90 pounds they were fetching pre Morgans.

yes good news for me, and hopefully some others on SGL who have been waiting quite a while also. With a bit of good fortune you my be THE lucky one who gets a 24hour turn around, but like myself and others on SGL don't hold your breath.

And there was me thinking cancelling the adapter and sourcing elsewhere would be "job done". Adapter arrived from other company within 2 days! Morgans order placed on 29/10/11 despite Morgans waffle, be sent out today, sent out last Thursday and the like. It's still not here and some of you ordered after me!!! They should add another option to there, 1 for sales, 2 for dispatch, 3 for blagging.

Just out of interest, you guys that have recieved your cameras how many time did you call/email Morgans before your eventual delivery? I would order from another website but then no doubt they'll both turn up! Anyone want to buy a camera?!?!?!

I sent one very polite email(1) & received an answer the next day, the camera didn't turn up as per email but it was only a couple of days later.

(1) I've found being polite even when ready to explode gets you further.(im not saying you were not!);)

I had a quick go the other night with the camera i had to use 1/500 shutter speed as jupiter was so bright in the 12" dob.;)

My first email to Morgans was polite for the first week, then I just sent an email every other 'dayish' with 'where is may order Ref' number, for a week, then it arrived on Monday.

I gather that with all this 'web cam bundle' traffic, and some clear nights we should shortly have a major influx of Jupiter images to look at.;):D

Just out of interest, you guys that have recieved your cameras how many time did you call/email Morgans before your eventual delivery?

One email which they never answered, and 3 phone calls, took 3 weeks in all to come minus the adapter which I got elsewhere.

Had it a week and a half now and not managed to use it yet. The 2 clear night's I've had after work I've been to shattered to get it all out!! ;)

been busy at work and DIY'ing at home, so got an hour to myself and just put my webcam bundle together. Shock horror it was load with dust bunnies. late arrival of the bundle, dust bunnies, shocking weather, i sometimes wonder what is coming next.

I managed to get mine ok although it did take just over a week to get to mine, Still it did arrive on the same day my telescope arrived so i haven't lost out on anything. I'm just hoping for some clear skies weekend (well I can hope)

Archived