Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Morgan Computers Philips Web Cam

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the excuse of the adapters is a bit of a red herring, as I have stated previously, I would not be surprised if Morgans have run into replacement stock problems, I keep on receiving promotional emails from them on a regular basis, so one may assume they are still trading :)

Ive slaughtered them on here in the past few weeks for my webcam not arriving.

I ordered via their ebay shop, waited nearly 2 weeks and no delivery, then waited another week or so for them to refund me. I duely left a negative feedback comment as I was unhappy with the ability to issue a refund quicker.

To their credit the manager has rung my missus (as its her ebay account) apologising and offering some discount on any future purchases as he was unhappy that the company had disappointed a customer.

I certainly dont think they are a shady, illegal company operating online. Maybe they have had issues with stock/suppliers and if this is the case better comunication could have been established to customers with outstanding orders.

Having developed several online shops in the past, it really isnt difficult to produce and effective, and accurate real-time stock level indicator so there shouldnt be any excuses for an online retailer to hide behind that.

I have two friends who were both going to buy from this site after they heard about the cams. No longer. They paid a tenner more and had the kit 3 days later.

Do you know where they got them from? I can only find Morgans selling them. They have at least 3 different websites (under different trading names) + their ebay shop but they all lead back to the same company.

Ordered mine 3 weeks ago, after several phone calls being told that the adaptors were out of stock, problem with supplier, Told them yesterday to forget the adaptor just send the camera and filter. Will get refunded of £10. Emailed today, Item sent. So ordered adapter from ebay £10.95! Job done.

I received this email today from Morgan Computers, 'operations dept'

'Dear Sir,

Apologies, goods arrived late last night and order will be despatched today'

Taken at face value 'Good news' for me and some good news for others who have been waiting on SGL.:)

Realistically : i'm not holding my breath, but never know.

'Dear Sir,

Taken at face value 'Good news' for me and some good news for others who have been waiting on SGL.:)

funnily enough I have had the same email myself today - I wait with baited breath and sill still never buy from them again. A thread like this is too big an indicator of when a retailer does not have the processes in place to manage online selling. A shame really as the price is certainly right. Mind you - easy to sell stuff cheap when you don't even have it.

i have noticed that loads of online astromomy shops are listing items for sale that are actually out of stock (tal 3x barlow is a prime example). the stock levels of these bundles fluctuate a lot. it only takes one of the 3 items (camera, nose piece or filter) to be out of stock and it puts the order on hold (you can check this by looking at each individual item on there site). I had a fair old wait for mine but I would suggest calling morgans and get the low down that way instead of relying on email. When i called they were only to happy to offer a refund if i couldnt wait but tbh where are you going to find this bundle cheaper?

it is not so much about the wait as taking the money for something you do not have. Several websites do not take the cash until it is in stock. That and the fact that is costs less than 1500 quid to have a website that links back to a stock database via an odbc link (amongst many links). Morgan are not alone in this practice but have seriously mis managed my complaint by lack of action, lack of contact, lack of apology and all round lack of customer service.

All it takes when something is out of stock for any reason is to fire off an email to each customers email address to let them know there is going to be a problem fulfilling the order. Simple, basic and non existent from Morgan in MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE (have to highlight that point)

'Dear Sir,

At least you got an e-mail from them, I had to e-mail today asking for confirmation of dispatch. Apparently "This has now been dispatched and should be with you any day now" I am not holding my breath!

I completely understand that other suppliers may cause delays but their communication with their customers with orders needs to improve!

Adam.

Same here!! no show from Morgan computers or should I say 'www.makingitgreen.co.uk' thats where my email came from, they also do inks and printer related stuff, you would have thought they would have had this letter writing and email replies nailed down then, unless they are suppling themselves, in which case they may have forgotten to send themselves an email reminding themselves that they have no stock.:):icon_confused::) 'gone dizzy'

I sent an email yesterday, had a reply this morning.

Apparently stock arrived this morning & i'll receive my items tommorrow.

Seems to me we are all getting fobbed off with "stock only arrived today". Do they not realise the people ordering this item might possibly be on a forum & can work out when they're being given the run around:rolleyes:

Do you know where they got them from? I can only find Morgans selling them. They have at least 3 different websites (under different trading names) + their ebay shop but they all lead back to the same company.

I of course have no knowledge of where Morgans sourced these cameras from, but the whole saga does have a history, some time ago a certain ex member of the Lounge bought one of these cameras from Morgans to discover that they could be flashed to convert it to the last model of web cam that phillips produced, that is so popular amongst imagers to-day. Cameras at that time were, I believe, in the region of £4.95 each, it was not long before these preflashed cameras were offered for sale at a very considerable mark up to our membership, which is totally against forum rules, and resulted in the inevitable, with the gentleman leaving the forum. Morgans began to realise their worth and the price crept up to what it is to-day, but the big question is when will current stocks come to an end. The story behind them has it they were originally produced for the foreign TV market to be sold as a package deal with a TV, presumably somewhere along the line this collapsed leaving a large stock of unwanted cameras which Morgans acquired, the rest as they say is history :)

Adapters? Are we talking about the nosepiece thing? When I got mine last year I just took the camera and bought the nosepiece from Altair Astro as it worked out cheaper.

Also, saying you'll never buy from Morgans again is dead easy - given that they don't really have anything else decent to sell! lol!

Do they not realise the people ordering this item might possibly be on a forum:rolleyes:

When I rang about mine on Fri last week I told them that they were being discussed on a forum by the main people who buy this product, and their name wasn't to great at the mo.

I cancelled the nose piece from them last wed's and got it from elsewhere. When I rang and complained the cam hadn't arrived on Fri last week as promised, I told her I had the nose piece in front of me as I was speaking!! She seemed quite shocked that it only took 2 days to get it and after speaking to her manager said my webcam was being sent by courier that day and would I be in Mon to recieve it!!

Mine turned up on the Mon by Citi Link.

Now I just need clear skies to use it!!

When I rang about mine on Fri last week I told them that they were being discussed on a forum by the main people who buy this product, and their name wasn't to great at the mo.

I must be completely stupid then, cos I ordered one from them anyway :)

That fact is, I've spent ages googling and I just can't find anyone else selling these cams. If they can supply it, great, I don't mind if it takes 2 weeks+ as long as I get one :)

Their customer service may be very poor, but it comes down to supply and demand... if their the only ones supplying, what's the choice?

I want to have a go at the lx mod for use as a guide cam, much as I'd love one I just can't afford a QHy5 :)

I emailed them again yesterday asking for a realistic delivery date and received this response:

Dear Sir,

Your order was posted on 1st Class Royal Mail on 23.11.11. Normally

goods arrive within three or four working days. *The post office tells

us that in exceptional circumstances it can take up to 15 days. *Like

most mail order businesses we have to wait 15 working days before we can

reship your order.

If you do not receive you goods within 15 working days from despatch

please contact us again and we will reship immediately. *I apologies for

the delay and hope your order arrives tomorrow.

Kind Regards

Operations

IJT Direct Ltd

Archived