Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Any meetings planned?

Dude

Hi All,

I know the forecast isn't up to much but I wondered if there are any dates set for a meet up?

Would love to take a trip out with my scope and have a chat to like minded folks.

Where do you usually meet up?

Jay.

Hi Jay - we meet at either Sawley or Belper but it's usually arranged "on the day" or a few days in advance if there's a good forecast.

Because the forecast is currently naff the best thing to do is keep an eye on the threads in EMS - they can spring up within 2-3 hrs of actually meeting (and sometimes cancelled within 1/2hr of meeting if the weather turns bad). :)

Got up at 2am this morning, Moon had set and the sky was crystal clear until about 4am when a bit of moist air and high stuff rolled in. Super to see Leo in the West with Mars in front of his foot and a very clear Jupiter. I could make out several open clusters by eye.

Worth checking out early mornings, shame the evenings seem claggy.

Archived