NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Whose Going Out Tonight???

stringbean

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not just you.

It's clear here in Northamptonshire, but quite windy, and I've noticed that the seeing's poor.

Jupiter's been spectacular recently, but tonight it just won't come into focus, even at relatively low magnification.

In a way I'm glad it's not just me or my equipment... and that others who are blessed with clear skies are having similar issues... at least that might be some consellation for those who are clouded / rained out :)

Well that will do me... I'm suffering with this cold, and as I only really wanted to try out different settiongs with sharpcap I'm going to call it a night.. Hopefully with the frosts forcast for Thursday, tomorrow night will be better

I left for work at 5.30. I was amazed how clear and good the sky was looking. Was seriously tempted to get the scope out!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.

Skywatcher 130. 9mm 12mm 15mm 20mm 32mm revelation eps. Meade 10 x 50 bins.

just came in got about out of a set of 25X5 mins i wanted i got 2, as on the 3rd smoke from a nice neigbours fire blotted out the rest

now y would any one light a fire at 11 oclock? unless you got summet to hide? i thought thre was a time limit for fires

Got my first real session in my new obsy tonight. Played with my guiding, tested out a bathinov mask I made lastnight, redid my EQMOD alignment model, had a go at some wide field to see if I could focus, checked how far I can push my guiding (10 mins with no trailing), the list goes on and on. Been so long since I've had a reasonably clear sky, so wanted to get a much tested out as poss. No more dew on the notebook or me and cosy warm in the obsy. Think I'm ready for winter :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived