Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ethos Query?

Ah, well for that I'd say you'll have to (extremely carefully) check. The barrel does stick out a bit. If there is a problem you might be able to carefully unscrew the barrel from the ring, as opposed to unscrewing the barrel and ring from the outer barrel. I assume there are no lenses in the 1.25" barrel.

1.25" stays in place, never had a problem with it hitting the diagonal although it is close. The 2" skirt stays too and doesn't cause a problem. Actually you can get a 2" extender which makes it look like a full 2" ep but I use it ok without

Stu

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Don't remove the 2" skirt ! - the lenses will fall out :D

The Ethos (Ethe ?) from 13mm to 3.7mm are 1.25" eyepieces with hybrid barrels. I use mine in 2" mode because I'm not confident that a 1.25" diagonal / eye piece holder would securely hold such hefty and expensive items.

I've extended the 2" skirts into full 2" barrels using Hyperion 28mm fine tuning rings (they allow me to attach 2" filters to the eyepieces as well). It also saves me having to swap out 1.25" adapters when I switch to my true 2" eyepieces.

Thanks John, that's cleared it up. Great idea with the fine tuning ring. Just one more question if i may. Does the extra few mm of eye relief leave the 13mm Ethos slightly more comfortable to use than the 13mm t6 Nagler?

Does the extra few mm of eye relief leave the 13mm Ethos slightly more comfortable to use than the 13mm t6 Nagler?

Yes. The larger eye lens of the Ethos helps make the experience more immersive too.

Interesting thread! I shall endevour not to 'undo' my own Ethos in future!!

I've not had any problems using mine in the 1.25" Tal focusser or the 1.25" Moonlite on my 200p, seems held in by the 1.25" barrel well enough!

What a great eyepiece though!

Doc

I also use the fine tunning ring on my 10mm to attach a filter and I have a ring to make it parfocal with 21mm. Only problem with the parfocal ring is that it makes some marks on the 2" skirt but I'm not too hung up on cosmetics and it's more praticai this way.

Looking at the 1,25" part of the barrel, the 1st lens group seams to be in there so, though I never tried, I doubt you can remove it.

Don't remove the 2" skirt ! - the lenses will fall out :D

The Ethos (Ethe ?) from 13mm to 3.7mm are 1.25" eyepieces with hybrid barrels. I use mine in 2" mode because I'm not confident that a 1.25" diagonal / eye piece holder would securely hold such hefty and expensive items.

I've extended the 2" skirts into full 2" barrels using Hyperion 28mm fine tuning rings (they allow me to attach 2" filters to the eyepieces as well). It also saves me having to swap out 1.25" adapters when I switch to my true 2" eyepieces.

I did this too John, probably on your advice. works a treat.

Guess who bought a 13mm Ethos today? :D:hello2:;)

Great, you'll really enjoy using it. :D

BTW the 3.7mm Ethos is a bit different from any of the other Ethos eyepieces. It does have a removable 2" barrel which means it's a proper 1.25" eyepiece with the 2" barrel removed.

John

Archived