Nexus 6

How often do you rate threads?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you rate threads?

• Always
    • More often than not
    • Occasionally
    • Never

I have to apologize as for me its not that often. Not out of anything other missing to tick on the option as I tend to be forever looking at the next post.

I intend to try and make sure I do from now on. It is for the benefit of the forum after all :rolleyes:

Done!

And added my vote as "never". Like John I've been a member here 5 years and I only noticed the vote thread feature the other day!

I don't see the point - where do you see ratings anyway?

I was going to ask the same question.How can you see how a thread's doing in the rating's.Does anybody know?

Done!

And added my vote as "never". Like John I've been a member here 5 years and I only noticed the vote thread feature the other day!

I don't see the point - where do you see ratings anyway?

Thanks Andrew,

the ratings are underneath were you type a post bottom left. I have read its to help with the running of forum.

The only rating I ever notice is whether the person who asked the question is now sorted, or has understood etc Is the rating denoting a level of interest, excitement even or that fact that the emergency services weren't needed after all! :rolleyes::D

I notice that sometimes there can be a great difference between threads that have been read by a lot of people but with few actually contributing and conversely, where there is a lot of participation with the viewing totals being only slightly more. So I'm not clear on what its purpose is. Any ideas?

James

Voted for 'never'. Who am I to say if a thread is good or not ???

I think its ok to at least give a rating if for instance you have been helped by a thread even if you were not the thread starter.

It could may been very informative or just plain funny.

That's my thinking on it anyway, would not wish to give a bad impression on anyone's view of a certain topic so would not vote bad in that instance.

Am looking on the bright side of the forum with this and as a relative beginner I am very grateful for many of the topics and the answers replied on them so am happy to let that be known to the team running SGL.

I haven't been a member here for that long but even so, I never noticed the 'Rate' drop down menu tab. I would never rate whether a thread is good or not. That would be unfair to the author in my humble opinion. It's not my place to judge whether a thread is worth five or One star. I pick and choose the threads that I feel would be of interest and benefit to me and I'll either take it or leave it.

Archived