Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dusty Iris :)

Beyond_Vision

Despite it being 'clear' for 5 nights in a row, the transparency was decidedly average whilst taking some of the data for this image. I have only managed three images since last October so beggers cant be choosers :). Of the 5 clear nights two were trashed as my family were floored over the weekend with a stomach bug. Talk about bad timing :(

I manged to gather 8 hours of data and combined it with an image using 7.5 hours from 2009.

This will need some more time when the skies and body are willing :)

beyondvision-albums-deep-sky-picture1381

Clear Skies All

Nicely balanced image Kevin, as already said "You can't beat a bit of dust"! You must be really happy with that image?

What's it like for processing? I've never had a go with really large dusty area's but I would reckon it's a bit of a booger trying to bring out the dust and maintain balance among the rest of the image?

Matt.

Nicely balanced image Kevin, as already said "You can't beat a bit of dust"! You must be really happy with that image?

What's it like for processing? I've never had a go with really large dusty area's but I would reckon it's a bit of a booger trying to bring out the dust and maintain balance among the rest of the image?

Matt.

Yes Matt it's hard to stop making the brighter parts saturate and the stars bloat. Pix Insight HDR wavelets seems to help with this.

Thanks for the nice comments all

Regards

Kevin

Archived