Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

StarSharp Red Filter for Laptop Screens

FLO

This new product from Keith Morris at StarSharp is so simple and effective you wonder why it hasn't been done before!

The StarSharp night vision red filter for laptop screens simply rests against your laptop screen to preserve your night vision as well as that of others around you.

Made from 3mm high quality laser-cut red tinted perspex with smooth edges and rounded corners. No more flimsy film and no need for tape, Velcro or Blu-tack!

James and I took one each for testing at the Kelling Heath Star Party where they generated plenty of interest and a number of pre-orders :)

red-filter-for-laptop.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to love it, but it just rests against the screen?

But that is it's beauty, it is simple and effective. Lean it against the screen and it just stays there. No need for clips, tape, velcro, etc. It's own weight seems to do the job nicely :)

neat idea but I would definately be using a clip or tape to secure it to the screen. It only takes a moment for someone to accidently catch the laptop cover for it to fall down on the keys. At best your night vision would be shot or a running programme maybe terminated.

But that is it's beauty, it is simple and effective. Lean it against the screen and it just stays there. No need for clips, tape, velcro, etc. It's own weight seems to do the job nicely :)

This would be with the screen lying back at an angle?

neat idea but I would definately be using a clip or tape to secure it to the screen. It only takes a moment for someone to accidently catch the laptop cover for it to fall down on the keys. At best your night vision would be shot or a running programme maybe terminated.

What he said :(

Is there a version for monitors as that will need to be attached.

No, they are designed for laptops, as a more practical and convenient alternative to flimsy red acetate and sticky tape. However, I am sure Keith would make a larger one if requested, though as you say, it would then need some means of attachment as desktop monitors are often setup vertical, without a tilt, and there would be nowhere for the filter to sit.

It is a pity we didn't show you one when we met at Kelling, if we had then you would not be concerned about it's use with a laptop. And if you did still want to fasten it a strip of masking tape across the top or some Blu-tack would do the job nicely.

HTH :)

I've got one and I find it works very well. I use blue tack but only because I pick the laptop up and move it to the scope when I'm focussing (saves a shuttle run). Everything I have bought of Keith has been first rate.

I actually have a very similar thign on my TV's 40 inch and 32 inch, However it is clear but does stop things from hitting the LCD screen and is covered in little hand prints... Bless em LOL

It is Over size has a small right angle bend on the top which rests on the top of the TV and has velcro straps built in to hold it secure.

Eh? I think you have me confused with someone else there :D
Might be me ... I did have a cuppa or two with the chosen ones in the admin corner :grin:

Oops, sorry, I was speed-reading :o

There was nothing 'chosen' about the SGL hospitality tent. Daz posted an invite here on the forum that produced a steady stream of visitors, including some from other forums. Perhaps it was the free tea, coffee and biscuits :)

I spent some time chatting with Dave and Harry from PAIG while there :):(

Just to add to the positives, I have been using one for about three months now (bought through ebay) and it is excellent. I have never had or seen the need to secure it other than just as it was designed. An elegant and simple addition.

• 5 months later...

Archived