Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

StarSharp Red Filter for Laptop Screens

FLO

I use a tent for my laptop but what I could use is a red filter for my iPad. If there was a product that could clip over the screen (with small red clips at the edges), that would be perfect.

the downside is that the ipad is touch screen and unless you use a bluetooth keyboard you would lose it's functionality.

I resolved this situation by ensuring the screenlock was disabled and use the night mode on the applications. maybe a thinner sheet that could still transmit your touch. A bit like the screen protector only in red.

I hope it is alright to say this as I would hate it to be the wrong thing to do.If it does work then I may also be interested for my ipad.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the downside is that the ipad is touch screen and unless you use a bluetooth keyboard you would lose it's functionality.

I resolved this situation by ensuring the screenlock was disabled and use the night mode on the applications. maybe a thinner sheet that could still transmit your touch. A bit like the screen protector only in red.

I hope it is alright to say this as I would hate it to be the wrong thing to do.If it does work then I may also be interested for my ipad.

Sure, it's a good point ;)

The 'touch' that most modern touchscreen devices such as iPad's and iPhones (other brands are available) use is based upon capacitive sensing technology which will work through a thin sheet. Screen protectors, even fairly thick ones work without noticeably diminishing the effect.

I've just tested using Sky at Night magazine's inner pages.

10 pages (a couple of mm thick) poses absolutely no problem, although YMMV depending on the material used. Around 16-20 pages stops the effect.

I've also used some pretty thick red acrylic that I bought off eBay.. back here at Salisbury Star Party 2010..

5341144568_a1d9217266_z.jpg

It went cloudy at the Salisbury Star Party 2010 by MikeWPhotos, on Flickr

A decent product that clips around the edges of a naked iPad could be good. Until then, I might just make my own with some elastic and a sheet of red acrylic :)

All the best,

Mike

Im dyslexic and I was given a great program called Claroview to improve my reading ability onscreen - comes with a red filter which I just bang on everytime im observing...nifty - but pricier than a Red gel/screenfilter unfortunately

Archived