Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 15.9.11 C11/SPC

AztecastroMcJ

finally got few different versions to upload ;)

conditions were better than previous 2 attempts, say 7-8/10

got around 6 Jupiter avi's of which 2 were terrible, have only stacked one of remaining 4 avi's so far, had to get hairdryer out before captures aswell,

as scope and corrector were covered in dew,

def got 2 decent ones tho @20fps :)

everythings getting quicker and easier with more use, this is just 3rd time i've imaged Jupiter with C11

this is 2nd time out of 6 uses that had dew prob so will prob need to add dew heater strip to dew shield i'm using, hairdryer did good tho

i did some star tests aswell and gave collimation a very small paranoid tweak, took some (bad) star test avi's after tweak, so will post for someone to have look see what they think

my fav version so far is 1st and 2nd pics @ 100 %, 3rd and 4th @120% and last 5th is @ 80% capture size when clicked on

more details see pics

i like larger and smaller versions aswell helps to pick up certain details, yes i overdone most i think but was trying to push as much as possible on smaller versions

the small dark red spot on CM in SEB is my fav object

these are registax 6 versions got reg5 stack aswell as few artifacts are appearing, post them up later

not bad for the Special Poundstretcher Camera :(

James

post-16858-133877662369_thumb.jpg

post-16858-133877662373_thumb.jpg

post-16858-133877662376_thumb.jpg

post-16858-133877662381_thumb.jpg

post-16858-133877662385_thumb.jpg

Superb!

One question - what is going on on the left of some of the images almost like a second edge? Reason I ask is that I often get this 'effect' and as yet have no idea why. At first I thought it was rotation but I've tried 2min avi's so that shouldn't be a problem.

Don't mean to diss your images they're far better than mine.

I think i prefer the second bluer image, though the redder versions tend to show more detail. when i had a sct, i found some good collimation tutorials on the net, i havent any links, but theres some good ones around if you google, my advice is learn everything you can. some prefer not to collimate a lot. but DP does it everytime. Its good to get used to it, and not be afraid, its a new scope so you feel nervouse ( i would too dont worry ) the quicker you get over that feeling the better. When winter comes be sure to put that hairdryer on cold blow. Nice sets

Sickening! :( I wish I could get something even approaching that! Any chance of a dummies step-by-step guide?

hi Chris theres loads of tutorials on here and net

heres ones i started with couple years ago

http://stargazerslounge.com/primers-tutorials/40665-primer-planetary-imaging-toucam.html

http://stargazerslounge.com/primers-tutorials/89900-who-wants-great-planetary-imager.html

u tube has some great vids aswell for reg 5,6 and capturing etc

Superb!

One question - what is going on on the left of some of the images almost like a second edge? Reason I ask is that I often get this 'effect' and as yet have no idea why. At first I thought it was rotation but I've tried 2min avi's so that shouldn't be a problem.

Don't mean to diss your images they're far better than mine.

no worries Justin, i'm not sure tbh

either wavelets, alignment, stacking or maybe shadow that appears towards limb of Jupiter

ring outside planet is def caused by wavelets

ok heres my mystery, :(

pic 1 ringing artifacts reg5n6 1400 frames wavelets heavy

(all above pics were using this 1400 frame stack, and used heavy blur to disguise artifacts)

i decided to vdub avi and to upload raw avi on utube

just 14second 280 frames, only frames when ganymede appears at edge of frame

i then restacked the vdub avi in reg 6 and artifact/ringing has gone ;)

pic 2 noise 280 frame stack same heavy wavelets

but no artifacts ?

so think vdub has fixed avi somehow :)

the 3rd pic was 280frame vdub avi to show ganymede with no burn out

post-16858-133877662747_thumb.jpg

post-16858-133877662751_thumb.jpg

post-16858-133877662755_thumb.jpg

hi Chris theres loads of tutorials on here and net

heres ones i started with couple years ago

http://stargazerslounge.com/primers-tutorials/40665-primer-planetary-imaging-toucam.html

http://stargazerslounge.com/primers-tutorials/89900-who-wants-great-planetary-imager.html

u tube has some great vids aswell for reg 5,6 and capturing etc

Thanks - I found that YouTube clip and watched it carefully, it's how I managed to finally get my first 'proper' try. :(

Wow! So pic 3 of this 2nd batch is just 280 frames? That's amazing detail and great with ganymede in there too!

Nice shots!

Going to grub some of my recent avi's, I've not used it much since getting my eq6 as not needed to remove blank frames as tracking so good, but having seen this there is definitely some clever magic going on somewhere.

That 3rd pic James is just a peach !! Can you give more details on the processing for that particular picture ? Is it an overlay for eg?

hey karlo thx for compliment, testing my memory here,

but 3rd pic in 2nd batch was the least processed, nothing done after reg

i stacked 280 frames reg 6, alignment points advised was 130

i lowered this to 100 and added 1 for moon

then i adjusted default wavelet slider 6 on default settings

think i used full 100 on wavelet 6

i did rgb align and auto rgb aswell but nothing else

(other 1st batch pics were done using gaussian wavelets n linked and noise reduction and further gimp processing)

think most like myself usually use gaussian wavelets ?

as default wavelets means u cant use new wavelet settings like noise reduction sharpening, and linked etc

which do u use yourself default or gaussian ?

James

Archived