Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Get out tonight!!

MorningMajor

It looks like it will be cloudy for me tonight but with the possibility of a few patches here and there so I may end up grabbing a few peeks of the moon with the binoculars but not really much else. I will not get my hopes up and save it until some proper clear skies return, probably after the weekend for me looking at the current BBC forecast.

I had a good last look through your new 300P Flextube last night. The Moon was pretty bright and knocked out most nebulosity around DSO's but Jupiter was excellent - clear features and plenty of colour. Kicking myself for selling it now!

Clear skies in N Yorks, first night out with the brand new NEQ6, gave up trying to do the polar alignment set up (all that RA dial setting stuff, got a bit too complicated in the dark... well I say dark, it was more like a really dull cloudy day in the moonlight :( ... what with the weights and OTA attached too) and just slewed to some random stars... nice!

Got a bit chilly on the ears so called it a night about 20 mins ago. Moon is still bright anyway, couldn't see anything through the Polar scope.

I had a good last look through your new 300P Flextube last night. The Moon was pretty bright and knocked out most nebulosity around DSO's but Jupiter was excellent - clear features and plenty of colour. Kicking myself for selling it now!
First night dogged by clouds and moon! - just knew it! - also, had a problem lining up the finder scope, there didn't seem to be enough "play" in the adjuster knobs, couldn't centralise a star in the finder when it was centrered in the EP any thoughts? - Scope looks great though

Archived