Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Totally gutted!.....

Specman

I ummd and arrd tonight about getting my scope out. It was looking promising, with lovely clear sky and only a little haze, but the trouble is I have work tomorrow and a 6:30 wake up call.

Its been rubbish all month so I convinced myself to give it a miss. I am just off to bed so I took a peek outside.....

OMG!! :rolleyes: ITS BEAUTIFUL!!! :)

11:15pm and the sky is deep black speckled with millions of stars, Jupiter is bright in the East and the Milky Way is the best and clearest i have ever seen it.....I am so mad at myself ;)

I thought about trying to sneek my kit out, but its too late, I will wake the whole house up and it won't go down well.

I lay money on that it won't be like this at the weekend! :p

Clear skies

Mark

....I am so pi**ed off! :p

Gutted. I would have still sneaked it out and suffer the pain the next day. Hahaha. Since i took on this hobby, every clear night i find, im

Out there, even with the bins if thats all i can do xD. Clear skies for this sunday me thinks!

Reporting in from Western MD. USA. We have a Hurricane coming up the coast, and you thing YOU have problems ? ? Actually our Summer has been ROTTEN AFA clear skies and good viewing conditions. I am certainly hoping that the heat wave of the Summer is over, and we will be getting some clearer nights in, soon. But this one has been a STINKER ! Glad I found the group, I am hoping for great things ahead!

Jim S.

Absolutely, sounds ideal for a quick session with the binos :rolleyes:

You would be surprised what you can see at this time of the year with a good set of binoculars ! Check out the area around Andromeda, Perseus, and Cassiopeia. And don't forget to take a look at Sagittarius down in the south, before it sets for the year.

Wow ! Good stuff under dark skies ! Jim S.

Archived