NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eagle Nebula Central in HubblePalette

johnh

SPX350 F4.53, ATK-16HR, Astrodon filters. Ha/S2-5nm, O3-3nm.

S2-19x10m

Ha-12x5m

O3-13x10m

Had to give this one a the mapped RGB treatment with it riding overhead in Brisbane, Ha was taken with good seeing. Had a try at stripping the stars away in a closer resized view of the beak. A GIF shows the different structures the Narrowband filters show.

Regards, John.

post-15219-133877641589_thumb.jpg

post-15219-1338776416_thumb.jpg

post-15219-133877641611_thumb.jpg

post-15219-133877641616_thumb.gif

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that's outrageous.

When I first heard about this 'Hubble Palette' malarkey, I assumed that folk were taking mono shots and combining them with colour from actual Hubble photos...cos that's the only way I could explain how you guys could get such glorious colours. Now I know the truth (I think) and it's even more impressive...

Wow a cracker, a wealth of detail and very sharp looking.

I especially like the animation which shows the differing filter effects. For a complete beginner imager like me its good to see visually :)

Nice .... it must be one of the most photogenic sights out there.

I managed to grab this in Ha earlier in the year. Sadly its a bit like Thors Helmet ... it never gets high enough to have a serious go at. So you just carry on and annoy us northerners - we'll just applaud.

Nice shot - sharp with vibrant, clearly defined colours. Good detail.

:):hello2:

Thanks everyone, MartinB's AO Eagle was processed beautifully with smooth pastel shades where as mine is garish and loud which is the only way I know haw to process NB images. I over sharpened the Ha so had to spend time smoothing the noise out. The GIF animation does show how the different bands contribute to detail which you forget when processing.

Here is a resized Bok blob from the far right middle of the image.

Thanks, John.

post-15219-133877641841_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mike, F4.5 but a 14" Newtonian from OrionOptics. I had such good seeing with the Ha and O3 was not bad either so I was able to resize the close ups of the Columns and the Bok to make them larger without looking fuzzy. I only use the Atk-16HR which is a small sensor but it has small pixels perfect for HiRes.

John.

Worth emigrating just for that shot John ;)

The colours look great, and very like the images produced by some of the pro observatories. And the detail that comes through in Ha is remarkable isn't it? I always stare in disbelief at the results on things like the bok globs, but not easy to get that to translate in the final pictures.

Cheers

Tim

Archived