Syt mae'n hongian? from Wales

Hairycamel

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in Llanfairfechan (about 6 miles from Bangor) and havent done any travelling looking for sites yet, but the back of beyond is never far away here! Still on the horns of a dilemma- 10" flex tube dob or 8" SCT on an EQ5. My head will burst if I carry on like this......

I'm in Llanfairfechan (about 6 miles from Bangor) and havent done any travelling looking for sites yet, but the back of beyond is never far away here! Still on the horns of a dilemma- 10" flex tube dob or 8" SCT on an EQ5. My head will burst if I carry on like this......

Not a bad location then :)

I have been wrecking my head thinking about the following hardware:

C8 SCT or 8 inch f/4 Newtonian on a Skywatcher Skytee2 mount

or alternatively either the 8 or 10 inch Dob (prob flextube)

Still cant make my mind up between all the factors involved, portablity, light grasp, focal length, collimation issues etc.

Hello !

Pyrów na ryczce akurat ni mum. :)

I think you are coming from Bardsey Island. I never saw Welsh lands that I`m interested these parts and conditions for astronomy.

Every translator is swindler. A little.

I am rapidly coming to the realisation that there is no such thing as a universal scope.

I think this is a given.

What's good for DSOs visually probably isn't the best option for planetary and what works for visual may well not be the best choice for imaging, though there are perhaps "reasonable compromises" if you prioritise what you're interested in and what your budget is.

Personally I don't think it's at all unreasonable to aspire to owning four or five scopes for different purposes :)

James

Hi Hairycamel, all I can say is take your time to make sure that you buy the correct one. I recently bought a C9.25 OTA, and I sold it a short time after.

Thanks.

sorry to spam but thats what im buying sounds great. why did you sell ?

Archived