Hello from the East Midlands

Minet

Hello,

My fiance got me starter refractor telescope starting my interest in astronomy after getting a blurry look at Saturn. More recently I've started learning the constellations and have just ordered myself the Celestron Nature 10 x 50 to broaded my knowledge before I consider getting a decent telescope.

No doubt I'll be asking many questions but will try and find answers in the existing threads where possible. At the moment I'm leaning towards looking at the planets after my intial experience with Saturn. My cousin has said that I can borrow his Go To telscope (Something like this one) since he can't use it at the moment but as I don't currently have any space to store it I'll have to put off giving it a spin until the future.

As I understand it refractors are better for planets and reflectors better for deep space objects? If that's the case I'd like to get some experience with deep space before deciding which to focus on equipment-wise.

Nice to be here.

Minet

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Minet, welcome to SGL. I would jump at the chance to use your cousin's scope lol

Great friendly people on here who are always happy to help. Enjoy!

Archived