Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Outdoor Storage (Again)

Stephen

Given that my perfectly usable, insulated, dry garage is full of the wife's clutter - and I've been told the nursery is no longer suitable for storing my gear ......

What are the thoughts on something like this to leave in the garden (padlocked!) to store my scope / mount?

I can get away with leaving the eyepiece / imaging flight cases under the stairs she says ...

60 Gallon Plastic Garden Storage Box - Outdoor Storage rapidhomedirect.com

I think this would be perfectly good for the purpose. you'd need to ensure that you have covers which seal the ends of the tube to prevent insect ingress but other than that it would be good. you could even create an insert, maybe from plywood, that would hold up off the ground etc.

personally, though, I'd negotiate a small space in the garage in exchange for a good tidy round and sort out. :)

personally, though, I'd negotiate a small space in the garage in exchange for a good tidy round and sort out. :(

Nhaa.. personally I would say that if she wont get rid of her clutter in the garage then there is nothing for it but to build a big ROR observatory for a permanent set up :) :)

Nhaa.. personally I would say that if she wont get rid of her clutter in the garage then there is nothing for it but to build a big ROR observatory for a permanent set up :) :)

I like your thinking, though as it's rented property - no chance :(

£85 - £100 for a skip hire to put the clutter in :)

And they say there's no such thing as north south divide.... down here you wouldn't get much change out of £200 to hire a 6cu yd skip :)

Archived