Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SW 200p dob v Celestron 127 mak

bcfcciderhead

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only if your on drugs :)

My thoughts too.

I borrowed an 8" f/6 Meade dob before I bought my 10" and it crucified my Skymax in every way (except fitting in a carry case).

Dob, but.....the Mak would be a cracking scope for lunar/planetary observing, and allow an introduction to imaging using a webcam. If a goto 127 Mak came up for sale, I'd be very tempted.

As i thought the dob wins, i only ask because a 127 mak goto is on the "swap" section for a flextube dob, which i have, also have webcam which i hardly use, but i do like my deep space, so think i will stick with the dob

I've got a Mak 127 primarily because I live in a small flat with no back garden, so need a compact grab n go. As soon as I move somewhere a bit bigger with a back garden, my first task will be to purloin an 8 or 10" Dob.

Get the Dob, keep the Mak, then all you need is a refractor and a solar scope and you'll have the set lol :(

Not an uncommon plan then? :)

I've got the 200P dob.

I'd like a 127 goto Mak, a TAL100RS (when they come back onto the market) and a PST as well.

Dear Santa,

I have been a good boy this year.....etc....etc....;)

Not an uncommon plan then? :)

I've got the 200P dob.

I'd like a 127 goto Mak, a TAL100RS (when they come back onto the market) and a PST as well.

Dear Santa,

I have been a good boy this year.....etc....etc....;)

Not uncommon at all by the sounds of things.

A tal100rs is high on my wish list.

Archived