Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Duff Stellarium update?

sulaco

Morning,

I noticed that someone had mentioned the new 0.11 sterallarium update has now been released so needless I was straight on the download.

Have to say though I'm abit dispapointed with its workings as I use a brand new and fully pimped iMac so should be no problem with processing but the zoom function is sticky and the ocular plugin no longer works with keyboard keys.

The new graphics are great with new icons depicting open and globular clusters, has anybody else had a problem with this new update?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morning,

I noticed that someone had mentioned the new 0.11 sterallarium update has now been released so needless I was straight on the download.

Have to say though I'm abit dispapointed with its workings as I use a brand new and fully pimped iMac so should be no problem with processing but the zoom function is sticky and the ocular plugin no longer works with keyboard keys.

The new graphics are great with new icons depicting open and globular clusters, has anybody else had a problem with this new update?

Some problems yes. If you want to access the ocular menue you need to run windowed not fullscreen and press Alt+O

The new ocular plugin update is about 10 step in the wrong direction for me.

I posted the original link too 0.11 but i have to admit i'm a little underwhelmed myself.

The Ocular Plugin problem is really grating. I think someone else mentioned being able to use the mouse to scroll through your telescope/eyepiece options but i can't seem to do it. :)

And strangely i no longer have a flicker on the ATI (HD3850) equipped PC at work but the home PC (with a Radeon HD5850) still flickers madly.

So not as good as first hoped. I really want the Ocular Plugin working again more than anything.

It's that zoom function that's irritating, it seems to not respond then suddenly zoom to infinity. I also use the ocular plugin quite a bit and was one of the first things I tried.

Fix update soon I hope.

Hi, I seen the link from Russ yesterday so downloaded it on both the pc running XP and the new laptop running Windows 7, on the laptop which I am using at the moment I have just checked it and its fine, zoom is good and the Occular plug-in is also working without any problem, overall I am happy with it, like the Bayer Designation addition for locating stars which is a great help. ;)

Mind you the problems I have had recently with my router!!!!!! :)

I Had another go of It last night and found that some of the function keys have changed, Theninjagecko mentioned that the ocular function now uses alt+o to bring a menu and zoom seems to work well when using the page up + page down keys, maybe it's an issue with the magic mouse not being compatible?

I've been playing with it since Russ posted it. I have to run it in safe mode, or the openGL messes with everything. It's still flickering a bit, but no issues with any of the things discussed, zooming, ocular plugin etc. It's all working as described. I'm running on an XP laptop.

I'm running stellarium on a macbook pro and I'm sticking with 0.10.6 as I cant get the occular plugin to work on any version since (including the new one). The config window has the "load on startup box" checked but the configure button is inoperable.

Just been on Stellarium again and it works quite well. The images were there and I didn't have to wait for them and to change eyepiece it was left click and you choose. Not bad :)

With the "left click and you choose" bit, do you mean you have to press alt+o and then left click?

I downloaded last night on my laptop running windows 7, no problems with zoom or occular.

I don’t think there are any problems with the ocular function, it’s just that people, including me are finding it inconvenient to press alt+o and the use the mouse to change the ocular. Most of the time (certainly for me) this is done in the dark while observing so it takes longer as it is hard to see the keys than the previous version of stellarium.

No it’s not you being dumb. You stated a fact. I was just using your post to bring up that point that some people have maybe mist.

Sorry. :) I did think when I wrote it that it may have been a bit confrontational.

Archived