Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Duff Stellarium update?

sulaco

No not at all confrontational, I should of realized the obvious that 99% of us will be using Stellarium in the dark or in dim light, and you are right that using alt-o in these conditions would be akward if not near impossible.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don’t think there are any problems with the ocular function, it’s just that people, including me are finding it inconvenient to press alt+o and the use the mouse to change the ocular. Most of the time (certainly for me) this is done in the dark while observing so it takes longer as it is hard to see the keys than the previous version of stellarium.

totally agree, previous functionality was that you could scroll through your oculars with CTRL + [, now you have to ALT+O which brings up a menu which you then need to select the required ocular from a list using your mouse/trackpad.

It's now overcomplicated and fiddly.

I do think there's a genuine bug as the ALT+O list has sequentral numbers by each ocular, when I first saw this I expected you could select from the list using your keyboard number keys, plus the list would stay on screen to select others without having to ALT+O everytime.

If this was the case and what was intended, this would make sense and offer better functionality as you could select your oculars in different sequences without having to scroll through the whole lot to get to the one you wanted.

At the moment it is a pain to ALT+O then use your mouse to select every individual ocular. Backward step in functionality....

Other than that, the new version is very good and still worth upgrading.

I agree, it has been over complicated now with the combination of Alt+o and then the mouse. And i hate trackpads on laptops, so that's a real shame they've gone that route. The hot keys were much easier.

It's working flawlessly at work, no issues at all. Just the home PC and the Radeon 4850 causing the flickering.

I understand that some of the functions have simply changed in the way they are operated but the satellite function on the lower menu starts the Mac wheel of death as soon as it is clicked.

Pretty irritating as I quite like this function.

Archived