NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Facebook Page

adamazz96

What would be the purpose, I wonder?:) If you want astro info, this is surely the place to come. No point in duplicating effort on scam-a-minute Facebook. I think that your effort might be better served starting a new group on... you choose.

We discussed this a while ago. The Facebook page could be a sort of bait for the average Facebook user browsing the astro-related pages. There's no need to try to start copying this great forum, it wouldn't work anyway. Ant does the twitter page really well, regular and concise updates, and it would be a shame to not harness the free advertising power of Facebook. Do we need permission from the owners or mods for this?

If anyone starting in Astronomy, or have been at it for a while, when googling a certain astronomical query, in quite a few case's the information would take them the this forum/site, i envisage that most on here have been pointed to this site though googling, i did, this site is a massive resourse with a lot of highly informed people, i personnal have learnt more in the last 12 month then ever, facebook wouldn't work, this site is to well astablished, and as an earlier comment stated it would only duplicate what we already have, but it certainly wouldn't measure up to it. I suspect if people are interested in Astronomy they would rather subscribe to a dedicated forum like this one than Facebook.

Just google 'Astronomy' this site is on the first page, 7th down, says it all really. I know what your trying to say about linking over to this site, but i dont think it would work, google does, like i said above this site is to well astablished, mybe if it was a new forum, them yes, any link to your new forum is a must for advertising it.

I think any form of advertising is good, and as Facebook is free, Why not?

Im 23YO, and TBH everybody uses it. This will be a great way of showing people who may be interested but not know where to start.

Great idea mate :)

Am I correct that Facebook claims copyright on all images that I put up on there site?

This would certainly make me think twice about putting up my good images.

P.S I do use Facebook all though I do not rate it as highly as others.:)

I have to agree, there seems little point in a Facebook page, when the forum serves all of our needs adequately, all the various sections, discussions, and admin / mod support is all here.. it is far superior to anything that Facebook might offer? i.e a wall and some pics.

Cheers :)

Archived