Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another first moon picture- one happy bunny!

Vicky

Thanks guys :)

I used my Canon 1000D DSLR with T-ring (and remote), very similar to yours Adam- I prefer your shot, might try that darkening a day moon method myself- but I liked your blue one too. On your Canon do you remember how to get the live-view on? I tend to have it off yet now I can't remember offhand how to put it back on and so I had to shoot, look at the picture (zoom in on the camera) then refocus to suit and mess with my shutter speeds to try to get it as sharp as I could.

I don't know if I'm up to anything more technical as yet such as webcam and stacking, I know a dob isn't particularly well suited to the imaging side of things but to be honest I got better than I imagined was possible in a quick first half hour.

Still loving the observing for now mainly but good to see that its possible to get something through the camera :icon_eek:

Exellent picture Vicky - to get liveview on or off just press the central button on the RHS - calles "SET". To zoom you use the button at the extreme top right on the back of the camera body - That one is quite tricky in the dark until you get used to it!

That's great! I'm looking forward to being able to capture a moon in one shot like that instead of the 10-25 region - once I get a Canon 1000D of my own. I'd have done that yesterday but I'm waiting on some technical info regarding use with my Skymax-127.

Mine doesn't even have live view it is so old Vicky :) But I have so many memories of travelling that I can't see myself giving it up any time soon!

I have to use good ol trial and error to get my focus which is a real pain when the only break from clouds recently seems to be 15 minute spurts.

Exellent picture Vicky - to get liveview on or off just press the central button on the RHS - calles "SET". To zoom you use the button at the extreme top right on the back of the camera body - That one is quite tricky in the dark until you get used to it!

Thanks for this- the reason I had it off was from using the long lens on the moon a while back- one eye trying to look through the dark eyepiece the other being blinded by the live-view- it wasn't a good look!

:)

I was going to try again but of course its raining! Oh well- exam tomorrow, must get to bed soon.

I have amongst other things meteorites, volcanism on Io and planetary distances swimming around my head :)

Archived