Hi from North Yorkshire

Howling

Just posting a "Hello" as a newbie to SGL. :eek:

Have been interested in astronomy for years, but only just found this site. :)

Main interests are lunar and planetary observing, but happy to dabble into anything else really. Have a couple of scopes an venerable old AE 8.5" Newtonian with Henry Wilde mirror and an Orion Optics OMC140 and a pair of 8x56 binos.

Currently live under fairly dark skies in a village outside Ripon, but unfortunately moving soon to more light polluted skies because of work and the kids schools. :)

Looking forward to getting to know some folks @ SGL. :eek:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello Howling, welcome to SGL

You moving north or south?

Moving slightly South, not by much though! See your in the NE Retro - see you have your "Big guns" out for your avatar! :)

Hi Andrew, yeah doing my bit for the love of astronomy in Redcar, unfortunatly in the shadow of ICI Wilton :) so I know all about light pollution. I try to escape to Danby in the North Yorkshire moors when possible, great little site tucked away:hello2:.

Hope your move will not spoil your views at all.

That 16" gun was awesome but sadly I had to sell it as it was just too large to move and set it up by myself (pressure off the misses too, I was quite happy with it in the living room lol).

Good luck!

Regards,

Mike.

Already sent you a PM but a huge welcome to SGL (and also to Knaresborough), hope to catch you soon.

Best wishes,

Steve

No PM at this end Steve, perhaps I have to be a member for a certain time or have posted a certain number of posts to 'activate' Pm's. I know this is the case for other forums I'm in.

Thanks again everyone for the great welcome. :)

Archived