SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC1333, vdB17, LDN 1448 in Perseus

Boren

Here's another image I shot back in October, and haven't had the time to process till now. I have enjoyed it very much, and was quite surprised by the result, which is somewhat different in some aspects, from other images I've seen of that object.

I do hope you like it, and any comments are, as always, very welcome.

http://www.pbase.com/image/134152538

Cheers,

Harel :)

post-20443-133877568576_thumb.jpg

Cracking shot, I w ant one of those PowerNewts, they give great results and I spose yur desert locations help a lot with nice dark skies.

Brilliant work, fantastic colours.

Guys,

Thanks for these kind words - I am very happy you liked it.

I am also particularly happy you found the colors okay - this was my one point of concern after finishing processing this. I went back and forth to various "black point" levels, not being able to make up my mind. Eventually I decided to go along Warren Keller's advice, in his excellent tutorials - just go where the data led me. And the result is what you see.

Re the Powernewts - indeed, having so much data available to use for processing, makes the task somewhat simpler. At F2.8 there's a lot of data accumulated over 3.5 hours...

Cheers,

Very nice

Love the colours of the dust

I am happy you liked it guys! I was quite lost with the actual dust colors, since all reference images I were looking at, were different in their colors. I didn't change the data and this is what I got.

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Archived