What do you do when imaging?

Hi folks

I've looked through many threads in the imaging section and see people doing multiple exposures of 5 minutes or more and this must take quite a bit of time.

I was wondering what do you 'do' whilst the image is being captured?

I mean do you just sit there and wait, go back in the house or do something else?

A 5 minute exposure doesn't take long - 5 mins really lol. What takes the time is getting dozens of them to stack together, align, and process.

What to do in the meantime? Process last nights captures, watch tv, have a cuppa, sleep, go for a game of badminton, anything really there's no strict regime lol :)

I like this thread & responses.

Don't think i'd dare leave my equipment outside on it's own - there again I am in Coventry.

Need to have a nice windfall & buy a place in the sticks !!

I've managed to get enough nights (early in the month) to now have a routine.

But I simply monitor everything until the sun comes up. I have a comfy chair outside and enjoy the chilling. The last outing did involve some pacing during a 10min attempt.

Can't wait to build an obs. Just hope my world doesn't fall apart before I have a chance :)

Belt over to the other mount because it is sure to be acting the goat and try to get that back on task. Then belt back to the first one becuase that is sure to be act.... etc etc. Till dawn....

Olly

Que "Yakety Sax" sorry just a vision in my head

Belt over to the other mount because it is sure to be acting the goat and try to get that back on task. Then belt back to the first one becuase that is sure to be act.... etc etc. Till dawn....

Olly

What you need is a nice automated, computer controlled setup...

*ducks*

Just one of the many reasons I enjoy observing with my lovely wife. :)

But sometimes I get enraptured with the beauty of the night and the image ends up overexposed due my inattentiveness.... then I have to go out again the next night!

Dan

Havn't managed it yet as I am still sorting out the bugs. But once I have have a permenant setup for astro photography I will hopfully just be able to turn it on and go within minuites, leaving time to setup my basic visual setup....that's the plan anyway!

Michael

I do visual, planetary or double stars with another scope whilst the imaging rig is on auto. This way if the image doesnt turn out OK the night has not been lost.

Oh, sometimes I have been known to go inside and talk to the other half:D

Philj

Archived