Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Perseid Meteor Shower

My very first attempt on a meteor shower picture.

Took a bunch of 15 sec subs at ISO3200, 10mm f/3.5, and manually combined the 30 frames that contained a shooting star.

There was some challanges with street light, roof tops, clouds and stuff in the frames, so the background is far from perfect. I think i managed to get it rather OK without notisable loss of data though.

At least for a first attempt i'm rather happy with the result. :)

Full res available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0q0vfetfqdttinu/Perseid%20Meteor%20Shower%202015.jpg?dl=0

post-9520-0-00912400-1439595761_thumb.jp

Thanks guys! :)

Martin, since i had the camera on the HEQ5 mount the stars were already aligned, so i simply chose one of the better frames for the background, and then added all the frames with a shooting star in them as layers and blended it in manually.

It took forever, but i found there was not really any better way of doing it due to all the random stuff showing up in my frames.

Archived