Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Flight case with pre-cut foam - this co. any good?

Anyone any experience with these folks or this kit?:

http://www.cases-and-enclosures.co.uk/aluminium-flight-case-400x240x125mm.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA68WnBRCJxZr5qoaL3iMSJAAXIrr3Q8ClYeo6Cl_C1Y8o_IIfk1WBcelc0gA3lU_ynpBKYhoC7_Dw_wcB

I like the idea of small/mid sized case with pre cubed foam, which the current small Maplin case deal doesnt have, any other suggestions?

I've bought from them before.  I can only say that I didn't get what I ordered.  I ordered a case with two clasps like you linked to, and they sent me a case with a single, completely different clasp, which was effectively useless to me for astro kit.  

When I complained, they simply said that the case I ordered wasn't available any more.   They gave me a partial refund, but Id have preferred them to let time know and cancel the order  beforehand instead.

They're quite good value, and mine may have been an isolated example, so I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, and probably order from them again, as they did apologise - your milage may vary though!

They will be spot on for holding astro gear.  The cubes are good to push the items down into and indenting the shape for a cosy fit, I have made the mistake of pulling areas out to make the holes and then making the area not very versatile as some of my gear changes.  

I have one of their smaller cases which I use for my 1.25" stuff, nice quality, bought under the Allendale name off Ebay.

Double clasp like the one on your link.

For 2" eyepieces & finderscope I had 2 Bosch Drill boxes, I bought firm upholstery foam & fitted them out.  The Bosch boxes clip together, so it makes for less trips between the car & observing spot when setting up at a dark site.

I used this foam off Ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Upholstery-foam-cushions-Replacement-foams-Select-any-size-or-depth-free-post-/151072039248?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item232c986150  I chose the firm option to keep the bigger eyepieces well protected.  (Biggest one Nirvana 28mm).

Cheers,

Fondofchips.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived