SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My first time at SGL

saturn65

Hi Everyone,

My first time at SGL so be gentle.

I have a Skywatcher Skymax 102 which I bought early this year, I took it to southern France in the summer fixed to a standard camera tripod, basic I know but I still enjoyed seeing Saturn's rings for the first time.

I am just thinking about which mount and tripod to go for now, I am leaning towards an AZ goto mount .

HI and welcome to SGL - You say that you used your camera..... are you then looking for a mount that you can do more imaging with or just visual? 

Thank you, I would like to do some imaging, the equatorial goto mounts are a lot more expensive though, if I get the exposure right I have heard you can get some decent results with an AZ mount.

Hi Saturn65 and welcome to SGL, In time to come should you ever consider using the mount for serious imaging, then a GOTO equatorial rather than the AZ,  would have to receive some major consideration, enjoy  :icon_santa:

Thank you, they are a lot more expensive though, how limited are the AZ mounts for imaging?

Archived