Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2020 moon mission..

jayjt29

As title, just been watching the moon landing on discovery, they mentioned the 2020 moon landing mission, only 9 years away! What do you guys think or know from research? The first I've heard of it.

Jay :)

Kai was pretty much on the button with the Gas/Oil comment.. But it will be Helium 3 mining that gets us back up there, we just need to figure out nuclear fusion first. Once that happens then hello to a whole new space race!

Kai was pretty much on the button with the Gas/Oil comment.. But it will be Helium 3 mining that gets us back up there, we just need to figure out nuclear fusion first. Once that happens then hello to a whole new space race!

Crikey the film 'Moon' was on the money then with 'Helium 3' being a worthwhile mining resource on our lil ole moon ?!

Al

A lot of people within NASA still are thinking of the moon,so I wouldn't say its dead in the water,there will probably be a few other destinations first,but Im sure they will go back,

Orion will still fly as NASA still wants it for the ISS,although there may well be a few private companies vehicles being used at the same time,

The heavy lift launcher is still being argued over as Congress wants one rocket but NASA wants another :)

It'll get there in the end ..

If I may .. check out NASASpaceFlight.com for the latest info

JJ..

I think it is really sad human exploration has to be about firsts - eg why go back to the moon, we've been there already?

I hope we will establish a permanent moon base, and harvest the water and resources to explore the rest of the solar system. I wish the politicians would grow up and stop trying to grab a series of meaningless supposedly inspiring firsts.

Archived