Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Star party time frame?

SGL7 Will be announced well before it happens and in plenty of time to book up. Planning for the event has allready started :D

Kielder, Kelling, Salisbury, and other star parties that are not SGL related are usually talked about on here - someone usually kicks off a chat thread. That said - these venues are sometimes used for SGL events :rolleyes:

SGL7 is already being organised - albeit mainly discussing the dates at the moment!

The other events, as Kim says, are probably well under way - but they are nothing to do with SGL, so we know nothing about them until the organizers announce something.

Cheers

Ant

I'm praying SGL7 doesn't clash again with Kelling next spring (already announced dates)... I know I was one of the hundreds who had to make a decision to attend one or the other and, had they been on different weeeknds, would have attended both.

PLEEEEEEEAAAASSEEE hold them seperate weekends so we can all attend both!! It's got to be worth it for the massive attendance increase?!

Ben

The Norwich Astronomical Society(NAS) who plan and run the Spring Kelling Event look to set dates several years in advance. As with this year we make the dates for the following years event available at the star party so that those attending can book for the following year. Booking for this event are handled by the campsite and not the (NAS).

I think Loughton Astronomical Society who organise the Autumn Kelling event do the same. It is a challenge setting dates in the Star party window. I do believe it is great that there are now so many events in different parts of the country giving most people access to an event without having to make very very long journeys. Long may the rich list of UK star party's continue!

Adrian

There is also the galloway starcamp. An indipendant starcamp, which is run by people for the sake of the starcamp only, and is not part of any forum or society, Basicly it is done for the enjoyment of the campers. cheers steve:)

Archived