NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New observatory progress

George

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good upgrader. That pier looks nice, what diameter is it?

Also, looking at your signiture, whats an SLT120? :wink:

Pier is concrete filled 10 inch diameter stainless steel ducting that I rescued from work (got a nice rubber boot to go around the bottom too)

Ahem the SLT120 should read SLT 102 :rolleyes:

Hello,

Very nice looking solid pier. There will be very little or even none, vibration from that beauty!

If you need any tips while constructing your observatory, try:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Roll_Off_Roof/

Good luck with your build, soon you will be setup free!!!

Regards

Stewart

It is solid! I hit hit a couple of times with an hammer just a dull thud :rolleyes:

I joined that yahoo group a while back and like you say lots of tips and ideas to be had.

Ooooooh I want one :wink:

Nice job 8)

Is the shed a custom built one or is it a much modified

standard shed?

Modified is an understatement :rolleyes:

This is the one I used http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/Timber-Garden-Sheds/Groundsman-High-Eaves-Shed

Cost me 267.00 pounds b4 xmas when it was on offer inc free delivery :D

Excellent quality tongue & groove floor and roof, non of that man made pressed wood chip rubbish.

Service was excellent I recommend them.

Got the roof on today, didnt want to trust just the tarp with the heavy snow thats forcast :wink: its completely weathertight now, manged to get the double doors on. Roof will come off again at weekend as I have to square things up a little, then its just the rolloff runners to attach and concrete in. Not made my mind up on the runner system yet, might route a track in with my router, still thinking this one over as fallen leaves etc might be a problem. Also would have to put runners on a slight decline so rain water would run out of tracks......I'll sleep on this one :rolleyes:

Anyhow more piccys:

shedbuild12.JPG

shedbuild13.JPG

shedbuild14.JPG

shedbuild15.JPG

shedbuild16.JPG

Not been able todo much since Wedsday....blumming weather, hoping to get the runoff rails done this weekend. If the weather is uncooperative I sort the observatory electrics out mains/lighting.

Had a tidy up today, cleaned the pier of spilt concreate etc and fitted the bottom boot which will keep the creepies and furries out :rolleyes:

pierboot.JPG

Archived