Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Yet another Saturn !

Spikey

Ok last night was pretty dire seeing for me. I did a few captures but after a bit of processing there wasn't much worth displaying. I'll archive the captures and have a play with them at a later date.

However all was not lost - I already had a sharpcap capture from 23rd March that I hadn't processed so why not give it a whirl !

I've done the usual align in Registax and then chosen a decent frame and set the limit to 90% which gave me about 750 frames to optimise & stack. A little play with wavelets 2 & 3 up to about 20 or so, a touch of bue & saturation and then into photoshop editor for a bit of un-sharpen mask.

I've also noticed that v6 of Registax is out in a few days so I might have a play and re-do a couple of captures to see if it makes any difference.

Spikey nice image.

Can I please ask you in Registax, just say you have 1500 frames(my example) they are not particularly good, but can you please walk me through the steps?

So do you initially find your best frame, then align, any other settings at this stage?

Where or when do you limit the stack or the frames to stack?

The rest I think I pretty much get.

Hopefully thanks

Keith

Spikey(Simon) and Stuart

Thank you both, I will have a read of the links after and yes if you get chance that would be appreciated.

Thank you Keith

I just need some decent weather

Archived