SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Newbie in Machester.. for now...

RocketSurgeon

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you are going to be enjoying astronomy in a big way. I am assuming that as you approach the equator the stars are more inclined to appear to travel directly overhead rather a than in a circumpolar trajectory, which can hold half the sky in view throughout the night with any changes appearing nearer the horizon. Still, I am really envious what ever the sky ends up doing and hope you can post us some views of what you see.

Clear skies

James

Kenya, my goodness!!! Your view of the sky will be so amazing out there (not that there's anything wrong with Manchester as a place to live)! The closest I have ever been to the equator is Singapore, but with it being mainly city/suburbs, I don't think there's much going on in the way of astronomy there!

Good luck with the move (and welcome to SGL)...I'll be looking out for your photos too!

Welcome to SGL, whats the broadband like in Kenya? I bet you get some really dark skies there, it will be excellent. Dunno how the thermals from the ground will affect the seeing though, im sure someone on here will be able to advise.

Hi & welcome to SGL :D

Best of luck with emigrating. Kenya is amazing, went there on safari in 2006. Unfortunately, prior to me catching the stargazing bug but I do recall how dark and clear the night sky was.

Enjoy!

Archived