Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ebay adds like the make me laugh

Earl

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

drapers the tool company, Draper Tools - Supplier, Builders, Construction, Automotive, Gardening, Decorating, Mechanics, Power and DIY tools

althrough their slogan "more than just a tool company" seem they have branched out... that draper though looks like some ones bolted a 6" dob tube to a reflector arm tripod...

EDIT : just found this http://www.telescopereviews.org.uk/draper/draper-45801-76mm-reflector-telescope-review/

TBH These type Draper umbrella stands do sell well despite being made out of old shaving mirrors. To the beginner the sales pitch on the box boasting 525x magnification along with the mention of nebulas, galaxies a couple of glossy pics has the naive thinking £90 seems a deal made in heaven. The trouble is most beginners don't look to commit big spends in case they don't enjoy the hobby. They go out and buy these cheap scopes not realizing that these are really intended as a toy and the views they offer don't arouse the interest needed to progress to the next level. It's a shame but it is a fact. I know as I fell for it when I was younger. Thankfully just getting to see the craters on the moon was enough to get me hooked and splashing the cash.

drapers the tool company, Draper Tools - Supplier, Builders, Construction, Automotive, Gardening, Decorating, Mechanics, Power and DIY tools

althrough their slogan "more than just a tool company" seem they have branched out... that draper though looks like some ones bolted a 6" dob tube to a reflector arm tripod...

EDIT : just found this Draper 45801 76mm Reflector Dobsonian Telescope - Review, Specs

That review is terrible and the conclusion the reviewer draws is nonsensical, it almost appears a bit of SPAM software was used to pull words out of random.

Conclusion: Draper 45801 76mm Dobsonian Telescope justifies to its best for the provided technical. They however can work to the expectations of the beginners to the intermediary level users. Left with no regrets could be the words for the extensive users of this model.

Archived