SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Ebay adds like the make me laugh

Earl

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's quite cool. Whether it's any good of course is another matter. 6"F5 ??

I've got a Polish maksutov from 'Polskie Zaklady Optyczne' of Warsaw. I had a look to see if it was from the same company, but no. A quick Google, comes up with nothing.

Interesting.

Andy.

Probably found the sticker some where and decided to stick it to the scope. I love how these sellers give it the big sell that it's an enormous telescope and in the next breath admit they haven't a clue what they are talking about when it comes to astronomical gear. Just trying to put the blame on to the bidder for buying a piece of **** in other words. The old "sold as seen" get out clause.

Label says "Lunety Telescopy Uniwersal Zywiec"

ul.Poniatows

033 61 33 74

If it's a Polish made telescope I would obviously assume the label is in Polish.

Google Translate

Universal Spotting Telescopy Zywiec

Translate English : English to Polish Translation

Universal Spotting Telescopy Zywiec

Free Online Polish to English Translators

Spyglasses Telescopy Universalism Zywiec

Two out of three would suggest the correct Polish to English translation to be Universal Spotting Telescopy Zywiec but try Google Polish or English and it brings back nothing.

Either this guy is trying to pull a fast one buy knocking up a bogus company on his adhesive backed printer paper. The company who makes the scope is so far behind the times that they haven't got internet sales yet or it is a one off custom jobby knocked up in someones garage??? What I do find confusing is he Say's he wouldn't know what end to look in to but has some how been able to determine the 6" mirror size in what is a 8" OTA :hello2: He is either guesstimating or is handy and confident enough to remove the primary.

Ahhh now. Maybe I may have been a bit quick to judge. Having visions of Susan Boyle again :hello2:. As you can tell I have nothing better to do with my day. While searching away I think Lunety make military rifle scopes?? Would sound about right that they would have a dabble in optics of all kinds including telescopes. Celeste if you did decide to pop around it would be very interesting to hear your verdict. Having a back ground in hunting and field target shooting I'm intrigued now. Poland boarders Germany and they are no slouches when it comes to optics. Probably a pile of junk but you never know. I would not expect it to be anything spectacular but Bushnell have knocked out some reasonable scopes. 6" OTA and sturdy pier for £50. OK the guy might write out the sales boards at B&Q and got a little carried away with his eBay description because of it but I'm not sure this wouldn't be worth a look in if someone had the chance.

I have found a scope almost the same, just slightly more yellow....made by said company with the same sticker on....same size etc....so that is the maker :hello2:

Edit: link helps lol

teleskopy Uniwersa? - UNIWERSA? - teleskopy, lunety, mikroskopy, obserwatoria astronomiczne

A quick look on penny exchange it comes in around £291...

I see that they(link) have what seems to be two 'true' cassegrain models for sale. That's a bit different.

Andy.

I have found a scope almost the same, just slightly more yellow....made by said company with the same sticker on....same size etc....so that is the maker :hello2:

Edit: link helps lol

teleskopy Uniwersa? - UNIWERSA? - teleskopy, lunety, mikroskopy, obserwatoria astronomiczne

A quick look on penny exchange it comes in around £291...

Cracking, they do a 10"!

http://www.uniwersal.eu/?p=productsMore&iProduct=4&sName=newton-200-1000

Polish to English translation

This model allows the phases to see the planets Mercury and Venus, detail on the Martian surface, even in the case of distant opposition, many lanes on the surface of Jupiter and the phenomena associated with Jupiter's moons. You can admire the moon shadows crossing the face of the planet, and the behavior and the emergence of these moons. In the case of Saturn without any problems, you can see the Cassini gap, and some of the largest moons, while observing Uranus and Neptune can discern a clear picture of their shields and color. Thanks to its parameters, the telescope allows you to make spectacular images nebular objects, galactic and comets. The telescope is mounted on a tripod with a head-motion Parallactic. Is height-adjustable legs and a convenience shelf for accessories. You can mount the clockwork.

- the main mirror diameter - 200 mm

- the focal length of the main mirror - 1000 mm

- focal ratio - 1:5

- the shape of the mirror - Rotational paraboloid

- the accuracy of implementation (not less than) 1 / 8 lambda

Adjustment:

- range of Observation: 13.6 mag.

- Resolving power: 0.57 "

Equipment:

- Sunglasses - 25mm, 10mm, 4mm

- Barlow Lens - 2x

- reflected laser beam - 5x24