Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2nd try at Capella, 27 min total exposure

Jannis

Capella was only a star i thought of as a nice star to focuse on, as it's very bright. but after working a bit on mt single 6 min sub of capella, i could see it was a lot more to it then a single bright star and darkness.

But, after not being pleased with my single 6 min exposure of capella for anything but focuse, i decided to see if it was possible to get more out of it, and it surely was. :hello2:

I gave it a try, and stacked 51x 30sec frames, bu8t unfortunally couldn't do dark, flat and so on, as my DSLR shutter froze, and camera broke down and refused to take any more pics. Well, no wonder as mirror wouldn't more due to iceing.. lol.

Here's my first 6 min pic after processed in PS (full res):

http://jannis.no-ip.info/astro/capella6min.jpg

And then here's the all new 27 min worth of data (full res):

http://jannis.no-ip.info/astro/capella27min51frames.jpg

Edit: i'm sorry, i posted this in teh observing section, should have been in teh imaging section. Can a mod please move this thread?

post-22179-133877549242_thumb.jpg

post-22179-133877549248_thumb.jpg

Thanks for feedback guys! :hello2:

Hope i will be able to have another go at this at a later time also with the possebility to add darks and flats, and preferably with a coma corrector. :hello2:

Edit: Oh yeah, and without the full moon! haha :hello2:

Why do you see the light spectrum in those images? Very nice btw.

Do you mean in the diffraction spikes?

I've been wondering that myself. And after playing with the lens correction tools in PS, i still can't get a good picture out of it, so I've given up on that and understood that unfortunately this can't be corrected in PS afterward with a good result.

I will order a coma corrector one day, but i probably can't afford it all before in the fall, so will be a while until i can give an update. Unless maybe someone else who have a coma corrector and a similar scope could give it a try to compare the pics? :hello2:

But for sure, when i Do get one, and a LP filter, i will be sure to give this another try, at a much longer exposure.

Thanks for feedback guys! :hello2:

Hope i will be able to have another go at this at a later time also with the possebility to add darks and flats, and preferably with a coma corrector. :hello2:

Edit: Oh yeah, and without the full moon! haha :hello2:

Do you mean in the diffraction spikes?

Yes the diffraction spikes, they look different to all the other images I have seen. Why can you see the light spectrum in them?

Archived