Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M5 Motorway lights to be switched off

microbe

Good news. Another small step in reducing LP.

May I make a suggestion to anyone who lives nearby? When you get the switch off, write to the council highways, and to your local conucillor. Thank them for taking this action, etc, grovel, etc. By all means mention astronomy at some point. But start with taxpayer £££, then CO2. These are the more common (vote grabber) considerations. If they see one switch off being accepted, they will be more willing to consider other schemes.

As each small 'off' is introduced and accepted by the public, it makes introducing subsequent 'offs' so much easier.

I'm looking forward to some of the Nottinghamshire village lights going out in the coming months and years. The County Council have a planned survey & off for villages in the county in stages between now & 2014.

I'm looking forward to some of the Nottinghamshire village lights going out in the coming months and years. The County Council have a planned survey & off for villages in the county in stages between now & 2014.

:)

Archived